Roasted Aubergine, Houmous & Falafel Shakshuka
We recently received this recipe for Roasted Aubergine, Houmous and Falafel Shakshuka from @nourishing.amy and we absolutely love it! Not only is it sooooo good for you, but it's bright, fresh and only takes a few minutes to prepare. Hats off to @nourishingamy - go follow her on Instagram, she's ace.
- 1 aubergine
- 1 pepper, any colour
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- 400g tomato passata
- 1 pot Ramona’s Original Houmous
- 6 x Ramona’s Original Falafel
- Serving: sesame seeds, chopped fresh coriander, chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Chop the aubergine and pepper into 1cm cubes and lay on the tray. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and black pepper. Roast for 30-35 minutes until tender, adding the tomatoes for the final 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely dice the red onion and slice the garlic cloves. Add to a frying pan with some olive oil and fry for 5-10 minutes until soft. Add in the paprika, cumin seeds, some salt and black pepper and fry for 1 minute. Pour in the tomato passata and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir through the aubergine and red pepper into the tomato sauce, saving the roasted tomatoes.
- Smear the houmous onto two plates or bowls, alongside the shakshuka. Top with the falafels, roasted tomatoes and the sesame seeds, chopped fresh coriander and chilli flakes.