Quick Cucumber Salad Inspired Pitta
Combine two classic summer favourites - cucumber and pitta bread in this easy recipe for a colourful lunch for on the go.
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Pack of pitta bread
- 340g Jar of pitted olives
- 200g Feta cheese
- 1 Bag of salad leaves
- 1 Whole cucumber
- 125g Ramona's Original Heavenly Houmous
- 125g Ramona's Red Pepper Houmous
- Olive oil
- Dried herbs - we used thyme and oregano
- Start by chopping up all the ingredients for the filling - cut, core and cube the cucumber, roughly chop the red onion, cube the feta cheese, cut the olives in half and chop up any extra large salad leaves.
- Toss all of the ingredients together in a bowl - minus the feta, with a drizzle of olive oil and a light seasoning of pepper and sprinke of herbs. Add the feta in to the bowl before adding the mix to the pitta.
- Pop open the pitta and coat the inside with a good helping of houmous - the more you put in at the start the easier it is to spreas and get to every corner. Then add your cucumber salad mix to your pitta and it's ready to enjoy!
If you're heading into the office or out for the day just pack a couple in a tupperware box and place the rest of the salad mix in the fridge for tomorrows lunch!
You could also add in some chopped cherry tomatoes or swpa out the green olive for black if your prefer.