Halloumi and Mediterranean Veg Tray Bake
Here's a simple but delicious party dish to add to your grazing table that is sure to be favourite amongst your guests!
- 1 Orange pepper
- 1 Yellow pepper
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Punnet of mixed tomatoes (or equivalent of a punnet of cherry, cocktail or golden grape tomatoes)
- 200g Black olives (pitted)
- 200g Green olives (pitted)
- 250g Halloumi cheese
- 150g Ramona's Beetroot Heavenly Houmous
- 150g Ramona's Red Pepper Heavenly Houmous
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh herbs
- Chop the red, yellow and orange peppers into slices - we used bell peppers but any peppers work for this recipe.
- Slice red onion and add to a baking tray along withthe sliced peppers.
- Scatter in the small tomatoes whole.
- Liberally coat with good quality olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss the contents to ensure the veg is coated.
- Put the tray in the oven at 180°C for 20 minutes or until cooked. Toss halfway through.
- 5 minutes before the vegetables are ready chop your halloumi into slices and add to a pre-heated heavy bottomed griddle pan. Turn halfway through to ensure both sides have a good colour. When cooked keep off the heat until you are ready to use.
- Remove vegetables from the oven and add the olives and stir through.
- spread the houmous accross the bottom of your serving bowl and cover with the oven roasted vegetables. Top with the grilled halloumi and fresh herbs to finish.
Serve immediatly with fresh crusty bread - ciabatta or sourdough work well and are perfect for scooping through this dish and mopping up all the juices.
Can be served on it's own as a main meal or as part of a sharing mezze.
- Mix and match different flavours of houmous to create different combinations
- Swap out the mixed olives for ones marinated in chilli to add a bit of fire to your bowl
- you could also dd courgette or sliced carrots